From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:09:21 -0500
I have a cute story to share, this is one of many reasons that I totally
believe in fate.

About a year ago I was at Luv of Ferrets shelter in Tewksbury, MA.  While I
was there the most beautiful little girl I had ever seen was dropped off.
She was a petite, charcoal gray panda/blaze/mitt with a white tip to her
tail.  She was six months old and just adorable.  I stood there arguing
with myself, saying I have to bring this little girl home with me.  The
other side of my brain was saying "you already have three of your own and
two fosters".  While I was arguing with myself a little girl came in with
her mother.  She was looking for an albino.  Jo (shelter mom) said she
didn't have one at that time and showed her Tequila (the little girl
ferret).  The little girl fell in love with Tequila also.  So I thought,
okay, I already have five.

From that day on, I wanted a ferret with those markings (actually I wanted
that ferret).  I didn't forget this little girl who stole my heart in one
brief meeting.  Whenever Jo had her photo album out, I would find the
picture of Tequila and admire it and in my heart, wished her well.  When I
set about looking for a panda of my own, what I would describe was Tequila.

Well, last Friday morning, on a whim I went into Jo's website
(www.luvferrets.com) to see pictures of her little beauties.  Lo and
behold.  I saw a familiar face with the name Tequila below it.  Of course I
jumped right on the phone to find out if this was the same girl.  It was.
As it turns out the little girl lost interest and her father basically
called Jo and said "I want this thing out of my house".  People amaze me,
and on a side note this parent is buying the girl a dog.  As Jo asked him,
"what are you going to do with the dog when she gets sick of that?"  Well
on with the story... Jo told me that someone was coming to look at her the
next day.  I was hopeful that she would end up in a good home, Jo knew this
woman and was sure that she would give Tequila a terrific home, should she
get along with her other ferrets.  I asked Jo to let me know how it went.
Well, I got an email Saturday that Tequila was still in the shelter, that
another little luvbug was a better fit.  To make a long story short,
Tequila came home with me on Sunday.  She's now in a home where she will
spend the rest of her days as part of my family.  It breaks my heart to
see an animal so young in her third home.  People just don't know what
they are missing.

Well anyway -- that's why I believe in fate.

Amy
Critter, Rascal, SusieQ, Moose, Little Buster, GusGus, Tequila and the
original Buster rest in peace
and the houseguests: Sydney, Caesar, Dewy, Sammy, Lotti, Sadie, Jesse, and
Snookey

PS: My hubby's a similar story!  My dear, patient hubby who never wanted
ferrets...16 ferrets later.  The man is a saint (but don't tell him!)
He's now working on putting in hardwood floors so it's easier to pick up
the poops.  Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Happy holidays to all.