Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:47:21 -0600
Yes Nell, about this constant contact with death..

My wife and I have had about 50 ferrets in the last 20 years, most of
them rescues. We love our guys, like they were our kids, every last
one of them. We started with one, Deezil, and then ferret math kicked
in. That's what saves you. Ferret math.

When you lose one, you are devastated. It is just the nature of
ferrets. But to have more than one, you can't just fall to pieces...
you have to feed and water the other ones, let them out, clean litter
pans, play when they want to play. You don't have time to fall to
pieces. You have others to care for, others to love on. I don't know
how many times I've picked up a ferret after another had died, and it
stopped me from falling apart.

That's the trick, to keep an everlasting stream of ferrets. That, and
time. And sometimes, even time doesn't work.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM