From:
Ian Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 1995 10:51:59 EST
  I took "Rat" in for his distemper shot yesterday, a grueling experience to say
 the least
(just purchased him recently--got shots for safety measure), and the vet. that
administered the fervac also pointed out a product called "Catscan B".
She explained it to be a blood detector in the urine.  She said that you pour
it (it is a powder) over a fresh wet spot in the litter box and if blueish
 crystals
start to form then there is blood present.

  My question is, would this work in ferrets?  She admitted that she wasn't sure
(a comforting note that she doesn't act to know everything), but that she
didn't see why it wouldn't.  I was just curious as to the effectiveness and
to the quality of the product, if it works at all on ferrets.
It seems like a good home precautionary measure.

Thanks in advance,
Ian