From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 07:01:36 -0500
This message is for Dr. Williams...

Has there been any research on why ferrets are so susceptible to the
insulinoma, adrenal tumors, etc.  Is there any research being done to
find out if they can be prevented, i.e., diet, temperature, etc.?  A
friend of mine just have to have one of her babies put down because of
adrenal tumor and there is so much on the FML about ferrets having
adrenal tumors.  It seems that not too many actually die of old age,
rather from diseases.  It saddens me terribly that our sweet little guys
have something like this in their future.  Is there nothing that can be
done?  I don't mean to harp on this, but it really upsets me very much
and I feel that with all the technology and research available, somebody
needs to find an answer to this health problem so that our fuzzies can
live longer and happier.  Thanks Dr. Williams.

Pat and the gang.