From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:42:48 -0500
The first time Lucy layed on her back with her feet up in the air, I
thought she was dead!.  As soon as I grabbed her up off the floor to check
her out, she kissed my face and wanted down to play.  I was very confused!
Since then, she has done this several times and scared the heck out of me
everytime!  I think she does it for attention, and a good ferret laugh
(dook dook!  watch Mommy panick!)

The bit about ferrets in CA eating the coyotes food and chasing them out of
their habitat...I would think that ferrets would BE their food.  Not very
bright coyotes out there!  Nor are the deer if they can be brought down by
a ferret!  What a joke!

For tail acne on Greta, I tried the Stridex pads but they seemed to sting
her skin too much.  I started using acne facial soap on her tail and have
received rapid results!  In less than two weeks, the black heads are
cleared up and the new fur is already growing back in!  This stuff is also
milder and Greta tolerates it a lot better.  Rinse it off good, tho.

As for putting ferrets in the laundry room--BAD idea!!  There are way too
many dangerous places they can get into there.  I know one person who's
ferret took off the cover to the sewer drain and disappeared for several
days.  Amazingly, he showed up again, OK but covered in sludge.  Another
ferret I know climbed into the dryer and took the ride of his life before
his owner found him in there-very warm and dizzy, but also lived to tell
about it.  (I think ferrets must have 9 lives. too!)  Better find a safer
place to keep them.

One last thing.  Greta has horrendous breath!  Is that because her teeth
need to be cleaned?  Lucy doesn't have that problem and they are the same
age and eat the same food.

Hugs & kissies to all fuzzies!

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies, Lucy ( I have sweeter kisses than
Greta!)  Greta ( Go eat a sock!)