From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:38:00 -0500
>From:    Nancy C <[log in to unmask]>
>
>One of my ferrets had an adrenal gland removed in February....
>She came through the surgery ok, however, her vulva is still swollen.
>She's was to the vet about a month ago and he said not to worry because
>the vulva was getting "spongy" and no longer hard.  The size is still
>large.  I thought that it would resolve itself quite quickly after
>surgery.  Also she still has not grown back the hair on her back, rump
>or where they shaved the abdomen for surgery....

>Am I expecting too much for only 4 months since surgery?

I think I would be very concerned.  Bonnie's vulva returned to normal in
about 2-3 weeks and I read a lot of stories of others that returned to
normal in the same time period.  Since February is much too long.  I'd
say either that other adrenal gland is bad, or there is some missed
ovarian tissue in there or your vet didn't get all of the one he removed.
BTW: even though Bonnie's vulva is normal, she still hasn't grown any
hair back on her little naked butt and tail.  She hasn't lost any more,
but she hasn't grown any back either.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you wash your car more often than your kids.