Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:22:30 -0800
I'll be shortly embarking on my annual drive to California to speak in
Pasadena (the poor suckers).  The Round-up is March 26th (I think), and
I'll probably leave on the 20th.  Last year I left late due to a sick
ferret (pregnant), the weather was bad (washing out bridges), and people
kept smashing my truck, so I was frequently delayed.  This time, I'm
giving myself an extra couple of days to make sure my late arrivals are
in minutes and not hours.

My trip out will be through Little Rock, Texarkana, Dallas, San Antonio,
El Paso, Tucson, Phoenix, El Centro, and San Diego.  My return will be
through San Bernardino, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Gallup, Cortez, Great Sand
Dunes, Colorado Springs (maybe Denver), and Topeka.  Both routes assume
good weather and open roads, which is way beyond my control (as I
discovered last year), and last minute changes to the schedule may occur
due to, well, acts of God, so blame the Supreme Deity, not me.  I am
adding up to two days both ways so I don't have to drive 20 hours a day
to make my scheduled stops.  Besides, I am not sure I am legally allowed
another speeding ticket in Texas without risking the death penalty.

If you would like me to stop and talk to your club, tour your shelter,
spend a few hours together at the local zoo, or just chew the fat for a
while as I come off my Mountain Dew high, drop me a line, first-come,
first served, and the sooner the better.  Don't wait until the last
minute--let me know ASAP, or I may not be able to schedule a stop at an
appropriate time.  All requests within an hour of the freeway route will
be considered.

Bob C  [log in to unmask]

An Otter and Ferret grow salt much about the same time, and bring forth
their young nearly after the same manner, neither having a regular
number.

Nicholas Coxe 1770 The Huntsman....