From:
Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:04:50 -0500
Dear FML,
I saw a real wild mink (?) when I was fishing this weekend.

My brother rented a cabin up near International Falls, MN and invited me to
come up for a little stress relief.  One evening I was sitting out at the
end of a very long dock fishing (because I didn't want to waste some bait
we'd brought in from a boat fishing trip).  As I sat there watching the
last of the sunset, and waiting for a fish to bite I saw the cutest little
critter come up out of the water and onto the dock.

The people around this lake had been warning us to secure our bait buckets
because there was a bait stealing mink in the area.  This critter came up
on the dock and ran along the dock stopping at each post and looking down
into the water.  It rolled, and rubbed itself on the dock in a very
ferret-like fashion.  It was dark brown, all over, and about the size of a
medium sized ferret.  After running the length of the dock it dove into the
water and swam off into the reeds.  I am guessing it was a mink.

I don't know much about mink, but it looked sooo like a ferret.  Made me
miss mine all over again.  My brother's ferret is a refugee at my apartment
for awhile, he's been keeping her in spite of a rule against ferrets where
he lives.  Since he's been after maintenance to make some repairs to his
apartment he has his little ferret here until the repairs are made so that
he won't get caught with her.  She is my little methadone fix, since my
ferrets are gone now, and I am missing them very much.

Just thought I'd send this.  Don't know why I did, but hey, here it is.

Dawn