From:
Michael Godfrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 21:49:00 MST
    I have been faithfully reading the FML since august, and while I don't
(yet) own a ferret, I have found all of your postings educational and
amusing.

    Here's my problem...my SO wanted me to ask the manager of our apartment
complex if we could have a ferret before we got one as not to get kicked
out.(we are allowed to have some pets ie.  birds, but no dogs or cats) The
manager asked the owners in Denver and they said no.  I would have no
problem with this, I mean, they do *own* the buildings :) but for their
reason for this answer.  They dont want me to have a ferret because they
feel that a ferret is like a cat and does not belong in a cage.  Yes, the
ferret would have to be caged in a ROOMY cage during the day while I'm gone,
but it would get at LEAST eight hours of liberty a day.  If it were
possible, I would let it run loose all of the time...then they would
probably complain about it being unsupervised!  If any one could send me
email regarding ferrets and cages that I might be able to snail mail forward
to the owners, it would be greatly appreciated.  I might not change their
minds, but at least I'll feel (slightly) better.  TIA Katrina A Kinsley

P.S. Not to rip on any one...but I have a problem with hamsters and gerbils
being considered *disposible* pets. Any animal you buy becomes a life that
you are responsible for. 'nuf said.