From:
julie dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:20:39 EST
I got another ferret in November named Farley.  He is the cutest thing but
we had 2 major problems.  First off, he wasn't litter trained and secondly
he bites-alot.  We thought that in order for him to go where Floyd, our 3
year old went, we would have to litter train him.  So that is what we
concentrated on for the first month.  Well now that that particular problem
has been resolved, more or less, we have to deal with the biting.

It's really bad.  He bites quite hard sometimes drawing blood.  But I don't
think it is out of fear.  Most of the time I'm just holding him and then he
starts to lick my hand then CHOMP.  What I was told to do was whenever he
bit to loudly say no and blow softly on his face.  Well I've been trying
this now for 2.5 months and it isn't working.  The worst is when he crawls
underneath the covers when you're sleeping and bites my ankles.

Can someone who's had to deal with this please give me some advice.  I've
read what all the books say but nothing seems to be working.  It's not like
he's a little monster or anything but at times he can get quite aggressive
and I'm forced to put him in his cage.

Anyways thanks in advance for your help.  By the way, Farley is 5 months
old.

Julie, Farley and Floyd