From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 02:08:37 -0800
Dr. Williams (I don't know if I can directly email you or not):

I thought that if the tumor was on the "bad side" (I think
that's the left), the gland that surrounds one of the major
arteries (or veins . . . i can't remember) it was very risky
and difficult to remove.  I was told that Pretzel's adrenal
gland completely surrounded this artery and that to remove it
would be a huge risk to her life, i.e., they weren't sure they
could get it without nicking the artery.

Was I misled?  Pretzel does seem fine (her actual tumor was not
really very big so I figured she had a long time to go before
it overwhelmed her system).  The doctor who did the exploratory
surgery removed some of the tumor to do a biopsy and she
thought that perhaps that might help a bit.

One other question to you, if I may.  Along with Pretz's hair
loss she went into a false heat.  That in itself was no big
deal (except a little messy regarding discharge) but now she
has gone out of this false heat and her vaginal swelling is
gone.  Is this good, bad or just one of the things that happens
with a tumor?

Sorry this is so long.  I really appreciate the fact that you
are willing to answer/read all of this ferret stuff.  Our kids
appreciate it!