From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:09:15 -0400
Hello all

I just wanted to take a moment to inflict my opinion on all of you. ; )

I am very much in agreement with Show Sleuth on the issue of dressing
appropriately for shows.  I believe that judges, club volunteers and other
'official' people should dress appropriately (i.e. casual business attire)
at shows and other educational functions (e.g.  pet store days).  Believe
me, I am the last person to judge someone by their appearance, but the fact
of the matter is that many people do, whether they intend to or not.  By
appearing as 'professionals,' we are more likely to garner respect and to
have our educating voices heard by show-goers and walk-ins alike.  It's a
very simple step to take and well-worth it if we are able to get our
pro-ferret message across to more people as a result.

Happy ferreting!
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
visit the Sage Ferrets web site at
http://www.geocities.com/sageferrets