Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:49:23 -0500
The procrastinators are still sending me entries for AFA's Winter
Nationals Ferret Competition to be held on December 4th & 5th in
Horticulture Hall at the York Fairgrounds in York, PA. The show is
a day and a half event with seminars on Friday evening and the title
and specialty class show on Saturday. At this point the entries are
closed - agghhh!!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our most generous title
class sponsors for this show. Without their continued support we would
not be able to do what we do best for the ferrets! Ferret Depot.com,
ZuPreem, FerretsMagazine.com and Eight In One Pet Products are
sponsoring our 4 Title Classes. They can't be in attendance this time
but all have donated lots of great items for our raffle, so be sure to
check it out!

On Friday we will open the doors at 3 pm and stay open until 8 pm.
Vendors (who are interested) will be set up and ready for you to SHOP!
We will not be charging admission on Friday, this is AFA's early
Christmas present to one and all. We hope you take advantage and
participate. We will have a ferret photographer on Friday and Saturday.
We will also have two educational seminars on Friday evening. At 4
Jeanne Carley will be presenting her Ferret Photography talk. And at 5
Dr. Ruth Heller will be giving a presentation on the titer study. I am
sure you won't want to miss either of these great presentations!

Remember, this is the last show for the season to do all your Christmas
shopping for your fuzz, your family's fuzz and all your other fuzz
fancier friends! Our vendors come well stocked with lots of unique
goodies to make everyones holiday happy!

Also be sure to bring lots of money for our raffle. If the rumor mill
is right, this one will be another doozy! Raffle devas Patty and Jessie
have been keeping the phone lines humming. There are way too many
donors to list here - I had to have 2 pages in the show catalog just
to list them all.

This is the last show for AFA's 2009 show circuit, so it is also the
last opportunity for those ferrets in the running for adolescent,
alter, breeder and companion ferret of the year to rack up those vital
show points. And remember, your ferret must have attended at least four
(4) AFA sanctioned shows in 2009 to be eligible for the yearly awards.
And we can't forget the Specialty Ferret of the Year awards and all of
gorgeous ferrets competing for those top honors. Martin's Cages is once
again the proud sponsor of our Ferret and Specialty Ferret of the Year
awards. The awards will be presented at a dinner banquet on March 19th,
the Friday evening before AFA's 2010 Spring Nationals Ferret
Competition in York PA. If you missed last year's banquet boy did you
miss a fun time! This year the banquet and the Spring Nats show will be
held at the York Holiday Inn - not at the fairgrounds. More information
will be available after the first of the year at www.ferret.org.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly at
[log in to unmask] Take care, travel safe and I hope to see you
on December 4th and 5th in York!

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey
Director of Shows and Special Events