From:
Marie Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:57:21 -0800
I hope some one may be able to help us.  My little Sheena girl hurt her
back end 3 weeks ago.  We have no idea how she did it.  Brought her out
one evening to play, went to do her cage, came back to front room five
min later and Sheena was having problem walking.

Next morning she was worse.  took her to the vet, she was put on medacam
which has done nothing to help her.  took her back to vet and they did
an xray and her spine was perfectly straight.  no signs what so ever of
anything being pinched or broken.  yet her hind quarters get weaker and
weaker every day.  Saturday nigh I noticed that she was not using her
back legs at all.  emailed my vet an we take Sheena to him tomorrow,and
he is going to put her on pred.  to see if that will help.

She has been on very limited movement since she first got hurt, and is
not eating very much.  to my roommate Lynne and i she seems to be getting
depressed.

Sheena does not seem to be in pain.

We DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO PUT HER TO SLEEP, just because she can not move
her hind legs don't want to work right.

My question is does any one have any directions as to how to make ferret
wheels.

My Room mate and I rescue ferrets here in Nanaimo,BC, Canada., and we
have 20 ferrets all rescued.  There is just Lynne and I and we are both
on fixed income.  We have a friend who said he would try to make a set
of wheels for our Sheena girl if we could get the directions on how to
make them.Any Help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks so much
Marie and Lynne and the 20 wonderful rug rats

GOD BLESS
Marie (ferret_lady60)
www.freewebs.com/funferreters

  (c)hidey-hole