From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 11:28:28 -0800
To:  "Michelle Z. Matta" ;

        My last two babies, TIna & Timmy (2 years ago now) were picked on
by my (then) smallest females, Silky & Sachi.  I had to keep the babies in
a seperate cage for over a month & only let them out for a while with the
others every day, until they got bigger & less likely to be harmed.  They
finally were as big as the offenders & vould hold their own.  Now all 8 get
along very well.

        When someone plays too hard, I pinch their rears & say "not so
rough!".  I know some people'll think I'm crazy, but I'd swear they
understand.  It even works with kits at the pet store when they bite a
finger, I just gently tap their nose, & say "no, don't bite me, I'm not a
ferret!".  (95% of the time they blink, then stop immediately!

        Anyway, patience, perserverence & good luck.  Gary