Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:11:48 EDT
OK now please no bashing... I am opening up to something STUPID I did
when first becoming a ferret owner. Romeo and Juliet were out playing
and I purchased a new piece of collapsible plastic dryer vent hose for
them to play in. I stretched the hose out on the floor and Romeo came
over and sniffed it. Keep in mind that the hose was about 3 inches in
diameter. Romeo wasn't interested very long and Juliet didn't even look
at the hose. So stupid me I couldn't figure out that the hose was too
small. I smelled the hose and it had a 'new plastic' smell to it. OK...
that MUST be the issue. I have no idea where I got the thought to use a
vacuum cleaner to 'suck' the new plastic smell from the inside of the
tube... but that is what I tried. One would think Romeo would be scared
because of the vacuum... nope. So here I am with the vacuum cleaner
tube 'sucking' the fumes from the collapsible tubing. Romeo gains
interest in the tube once again and decides to CRAM himself in the
other end. Well... I didn't notice UNTIL the HOSE STARTED TO COLLAPSE
with ROMEO'S BUTT sticking out the end of the tube! He dragged across
about 6 feet of floor. I pulled the vacuum away from the tube and it
stopped collapsing. Romeo backed out of his end of the tube and looked
@ me like HEY THAT WAS FUN. DO IT AGAIN. He proceeded to cram himself
back in to the tube again. I had to take the tubing away since it was
too small and I didn't want him to get wedged in there.

Dave