From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 16:56:03 -0500
Hi, just read your story about your lunch!!!  We know what that is all about
in our house.  We have 4 ferrets and sometimes I let them out early in the
mornining, and my daughters pack their school lunches and puts them into
their backpack, but have not learned to place the backpacks on the table,
but always on the floor, and in no time, the backpack becomes very active,
with little ferrets finding a way to crawl inside and start hauling out the
lunches.

Fortunately, they were caught in time!!!!  Its funny though to watch, a
wrestling match inside the bags!!!!  Little Lucy loves to find the antique
Hoosier door unblocked, and gets inside the bottom cabinet where we store
the cereal.  And loves the baking pan cabinet, the only one we do not block,
and climbs into the top drawer from the inside, to sleep or enjoy the
forgotten cheese and peanutbutter cracker packets, I had put also packets of
other things in it, and found them to be bitten into, and I had a mess to
clean out, otherwise, once I got it all cleaned out she is given free roam
of the drawer to play and sleep in.

She steals from my sewing basket, I moved the couch and found many spools of
thread, elastic, and other sewing notions, and someone found the bag of
peanut brittle forgotten from the holidays, under the couch as well!!!!
Arent they amazing and entertaining?

Marti Smith

Lucy(hummm today I will have.....peanutbutter and cheese crackers, with
powdered Ranch dressing, and I'll just take a dab of powdered Cream of
Broccolli soup mix, and take a nice long nap, afterwards,  I'll mend my
torn blanket)

Loosewire(my hideyhole is getting crowded with all these round hard things
and all the other guys wanting to sleep under here as well)

Bear(Hey I'll sleep in comfort and peace, see ya, going back to the cage
with my soft blanket)

Klondyke (toes toes toes, I love toes, let me peek out from under this
couch and see if I find toes)