From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:22:03 -0500
In our home, when any of the ferrets are sick, they seek me out.  Sometimes
it may just be a flat ferret posture or they may actually come up and lay
beside me.  I've even been thown up on (now that's a definite way to let
someone know you aren't feeling well - YUCK).  It is important to be clued
in to their normal behavior so even the tiniest deviation is noted.  For
example: If your ferret normally plays like mad when you first let him/her
out for a certain amount of time and one day they don't play near as long
or just come out and find someplace to sleep, that is a clue that something
isn't quite right.  Another is if they aren't eating, drinking normally or
bathroom habits change.  Some of these signs may be very subtle and could
easily be pushed aside so monitoring them is very important.  Many times it
is much easier to get them well when the ailment is caught early.

I bond very closely with ferrets.  When I pick them up to hug them, my
heart aches from all the love and it feels soooo good.  In my case, I
think it releases endorphins.  ;-)

Hugs to all. tle