From:
Star City Ferret Club & Rescue Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:37:13 GMT
Our ferret club in Roanoke, VA have been offered a unique opportunity for
an interview with a local, syndicated television morning program.

We had posted flyer's for a local ferret club membership recruitment
meeting at one of our public library and the flyer's were plenteously
posted around the city.  A local CBS affiliate saw one of our flyer's
and it peaked his interest.  He contacted me to set up an interview about
our local efforts.

I in turn sent him some general ferret info and included a link to the
pending APHIS/USDA regulative adjustments.

We wish to do justice to the efforts started by the International Ferret
Congress and all the individual attempts to implement the necessary
changes to the standards for ferret welfare.

My plea to the ferret community is to have them please send me any
pertinent or relevant information, in abbreviated form so the general
public can be educated to our cause.

I feel this is an opportunity we can not pass up or mess up so I want to
make sure we have appropriate, concise information to send out.

As much as I despise being on camera, I will do so to further the
education of everyone we can reach to help our combined efforts.

I am not sure of the date of the interview or any other specifics as I
had to make an out of state trip just as the request was posed, but I did
let the prospective interviewer know we were extremely elated with his
interest in our story and cause.

Please send any and all suggested text & topics to:

Please remember this is a morning show so the information we will be able
to submit will need to be in an abbreviated format.

I want to be able to cover the major hit points about ferret welfare in
the allotted time frame.

Thanks to all in advance!

Sincerely,
Debbie Saunders

Director, Big Lick Ferret Shelter & Hospice
http://www.biglickferretsheler.org

Founder, Star City Ferret Club & Rescue Network
http://starcityferrets.bravehost.com

Ferrets are "fuzzy Prozac"!