From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:05:04 +0300
Cleo is eating her bedding, and has yellow poop with bits of bedding
in it. Rea (vet) thinks I should do nothing as long as she poops 1/day.
Is there ANY reason to not give the ferrets Vasoline or Petromalt? The
Petromalt is a few years old or more, but there's no expiry date or
Best Used By date on the tube, and they like it. If I give it to her,
wd that be the same amount as a pencil eraser ea 12 hrs?

When another ferret died last year, Cleo began to eat a rug that was
in their carrier, but nothing else.

I got Galen's carrier back the other day, and I am thinking she smells
his last odors and knows what happened. She's also biting us.

I'd keep her next to me, but when I checked on her after Abera had
removed the sack she'd been ripping up and eating, I found her gnawing
away on another sleep sack. It seemed so sad. She was half in and half
out of the carrier, wh is unlike her, and it looked as though she'd
given in to her grief and anxiety and was suckling on the fleece. Of
course that's only my human interpretation. So I put her inside my
bathrobe, but in a moment she began to bite me -- not horribly hard,
but no fun. She gave Abera some good bites.

Maybe she still has a blockage that is making her continue to chew the
bedding and bite???

I lined the bottom of one floor of their FNation cage w many layers
of packing paper from the move fr Calif to Ethiopia. That will be her
place til she seems to have stopped eating cloth.

At first she fought with the paper, tunneled into it, fought it, and
etc. Also got her teeth into the strap used to tied the night-time
board that blocks light. Then lay down and breathed heavily. Then
fought the paper some more. She seems very angry. Or is it pain?

I put up the blocking board, hoping she'd go to sleep, and she did.
I don't like her having no bedding. Got ideas? She's probably ok
regarding temperature, but if she's stressed it's sad to give her no
cuddle comfort. The weather's chilly but not too cold. I'd put Jonas
in there too, but w almost no fur, that wd be too cold for him.

Rea buried Galen in her garden,so I didn't get a chance to show the
others his body. Perhaps just as well, given the necropsy?