From:
Michaelangelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:41:41 -0400
We took our three ferts to the vet yesterday to have their booster shots
(rabies and distemper).  This isnot the first time ofr any of them and it
should have been routine but...

About 15 minutes after the first ferret, a female sable named Jedi, had
received her shot, she began to convulse, vomit and hack violently.  We
rushed her back into the vet's examination room and he administered banadryl
and after two shots, she stopped vomiting and relaxed.  Since that time she
has seemed fine.

I had heard horror stories of fuzzies that have had similar reactions to
their innoculations, but this was not Jedi's first time having the same
dosage of the same drug administered to her.  The vet had never seen sucha a
reaction in a ferret.  Does anyone out there have any advice?  Why would she
react now and not before?

Michael