From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:16:52 -0600
EATING CLOTH - Boomer has a taste for socks - he eats the elastic part, and
then works his way down.  He also ate a hole in one of my silk sweaters.
(very expensive pooty!) Now he is grounded from the bedroom, and it
infuriates him.  He also likes to chew on wet washcloths - feels funky in
his teeth, maybe?

FLOATING FERTS - Boomer also floats.  Not through any talent he might have,
but because he's so tubby.  Every once in a while he flicks his paws in a
halfhearted attempt to swim, and he likes to stick his head in the water and
blow bubbles through his nose.

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY - For the person who was debating buying a ferret
because of the expense, how much did you pay for your TV??  Ferrets are a
lot more entertaining (and interactive) than the tube!

LIMPING - Both of our ferrets will do the 'flat cat' when they get into
trouble.  Once we put them down after shaking our fingers at them, they both
sigh and deflate on the floor.  This is followed by staring at us
despondently for approximately 10 minutes, to see if we will feel sorry for
them.

NEED A KIT!  - I need to know if there are any breeders or shelters in the
Fargo ND/Twin Cities area.  My uncle would like to buy a kit for his hired
man as a spring bonus.  (perhaps I should explain - we took the kids to my
uncle's to visit, his hired man saw them, and fell in love) Milt (the hired
man) is like the Pied Piper to our ferrets - they follow him all over the
house, and even around the yard.  He's got The Touch with animals - even had
a pet pheasant that did chores in the tractor with him!  My point is this
would be one happy, healthy, well-taken-care-of, SPOILED ferret.  So if
anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Tanya
Bongo ("hmph! Just 'cause I'm svelte and don't float I don't get to be in
        the FML...")
Boomer ("Hey, are you saying I'm fat???")