Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:42:50 -0400
I noticed the post forwarded from Angela regarding her ferret and his
possible broken leg. The post was requesting funds. I truly hope that
this ferret gets help, and that Angela is able to work out a payment
plan with her vet.

While I don't think it's bad to ask for help this post bothered me.
While it's not my place to judge, it brought out stong feelings. It is
not the ferret community's responsibility that her credit card is maxed
out (which was mentioned). And who knows, maybe it is maxed out for
necessary groceries. But with so much need in the ferret community,
seeing an individual ask for help so casually doesn't seem right.

Especially when you notice the next couple of posts from shelters (not
personal pets, but actual rescues) not even asking for money for their
shelter (which is applaudable, a shelter can not run alone, we all need
to help support) but mentioned items they were selling to help raise
money. So they are caring for the ferrets and trying to fundraise to
support their ferret shelter's needs. While someone else just asks for
strangers to send money because her ferret's foot has been injured and
she has "a maxed CC".

I don't know her full story and perhaps it was originally posted on
a small group ferret board whom she was close with. But there's my
two-cents on the subject.

Risa