From:
faithful <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:57:23 -0500
I'm wonding if someone can provide me a listing of what I can feed to my
lil baby Pumba.  She's about 2 months old now and when I first brought her
home from the petstore I tried to feed her some ferret food, (8 in 1).
I watered it down with some water, because she was so small (and the pet
store told me to do that), but she wouldn't eat it.  I read that Iam's
kitten kibble is okay for ferrets so I purchased a bag of that, which she
loves, but I don't want her diet limited to one thing.  Currently, I'm
mixing the Iam's with the 8 in 1 ferret food, but she picks through the
food to eat the Iam's and leaves the 8 in 1.  (she's a smart lil bugger!)
I did try giving her different vegetables, and she loves broccoli, but I
have been told by some that veggies aren't good for ferrets.  I gave her
a few raisins, but she's not much interested in those either.  I tried
different things, little bits of meat, (chicken, pork, beef) and she won't
eat that.  I have a cat also, and she nibbled at some moist cat food once
or twice, but is now completely uninterested in that.  My fear is that her
diet will be so limited that she won't be getting all the nutrients that
she needs.  If I have a listing of what I can give to her, I can try
different things without the fear that I'm hurting her.  I've heard so
many different things already and since she is my first little furbaby I
want her to have the best care possible.  Please help!!!

~~faith