From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:20:09 PST
Hi All!
My guys are for the most part pretty good on using the litterboxes or the
plastic corners, but sometimes they will surprise me, and some times the
surprise is a few days old when i find it.....

my carpets are creamwhite (now with brown dots in the corners...)and the
stains are really hard to get out, has anybody good stainremovers to
recomend?  i've been going through different brands and types, but no one
seems good enough, i have one of those wet vacum cleaners but it doesn't
always do the job.

What are you guys doing about stains?  we are looking for a new house and i
would prefer not to have to replace all the carpets before we move, i also
have a dog that always picks the middle of the carpeted floor to throw up
on, and those stains are also very hard to get out.

also after i sent my post to the fml suggesting to try a ballon to feed a
new born kit, i felt really stupid as i was envisioning how when you make a
hole with a needle the liquid in the balloon would start squirting out, and
would probably choke and drown the poor baby, so don't try this at home!!

Also i was wondering, if you have a ferret with a swollen vulva, and you
treat it with a hormone shot every ten days, what exactly does it do?  i
mean aside from bringing the swelling down?  if the swollen vulva is as a
result of incomplete spay, has she gone into heat?  will the hormone
treatment bring her out of it?

i read on ferret faq that there is nothing much you can do if a ferret has
gone into heat and enough time has gone by.

Lucky had a swollen vulva, and the vet suggested we try a hormone treatment
first, since a lot of the times the remaining pieces of an incomplete spay
are so tiny they are very hard to find, Lucky had appart from a swollen
vulva a very strong odor (which i think is the reason Liza was so hard on
her), after the hormone treatment the swelling was gone almost completely,
and the her smell is less strong too, but now she has started shedding like
crazy, both top coat and undercoat, the vet thinks it could be a seasonal
coat change, but she has also lost half a pound of weight, and sometimes is
not even interested in treats or antyhing else for that matter,

I am taking her to another vet as soon as i can make the appointment, i'm
really worried that she was in heat and i am very concerned that surgery is
too late, and she has started to become anemic.

Has anyone been through anything like this? Is there anything that can
be done?

If she was in heat and the swelling was brought down, does it mean she came
out of heat?

I appreciate suggestions and advice and will let you know about her vet
visit.