From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:02:06 -0700
Please feel free to cross post this message..

I just wanted to send a quick update and answer a few questions out
there on adoption of these ferrets.  The biggest and best news is that
ALL tests have come back and they are ALL NEGATIVE!!!  This is a huge
relief!!  We again thank everyone for the donations sent in to United
for this testing.  As far as further updates go- we are continuing to
vaccinate a few fuzzies at a time.  We have blood work scheduled for
later this week as well as two needed dentals.  We had another great
group of volunteers here today.  Of course, when it rains it pours and
our wall unity a/c/ broke as well as our house vacuum.  The wall unit is
working again and we'll have to buy a new vacuum- however those things
can be replaced easy enough.

As far as adoption goes I wanted to touch on a few questions that have
gotten around to me.  We do require that these ferrets are placed in
homes and shelter that do currently ADV test.  We did not go through the
expense of testing all of these ferrets just to throw caution to the wind
and let them go into a place where they may come into contact with the
virus.  If you are an individual within the state, please fill out our
adoption application found on our web site.  We will than contact you
with any questions and/or a day to visit..  If you are outside of the
state and are a shelter or individual, please contact Nancy with FAA --
she will do screening and then arrange transport if possible.  As far as
time line goes, these ferrets are ready to begin their journeys this
upcoming weekend.  Not all will be vaccinated and ready- but those that
are vaccinated and healthy will be ready.

If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact
me.  E-mail is best at [log in to unmask]
If you call, please be patient as time is tight and if we can call later
than 9:00 p.m. let us know.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and for following these
posts.

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization