From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:39:03 -0500
Lisa asked about speakers notes for the talks at the Ferret Symposium in
Las Vegas.  We agree this would be a wonderful idea, but it is not so
easy to implement!

One option is to ask each speaker to make 135+ copies of their
presentation.  Given all the speakers are taking time out of their busy
schedules to prepare and present, this doesn't seem fair to me.

Or we could ask them to provide us with the presentation ahead of time,
and the committee could make copies.  Well if you've ever done a
presentation at a conference, you know that you are making last minute
changes down to the wire.  The dealine of having it ready before you
leave town is bad enough, let alone having it ready to send to the
committee in time for printing!

And finally, add up dozens of slides times 13 speakers time 135 attendees =
lots of pages to print, box and send.

Still, we recognize the importance of having access to speakers' slides.
For those speakers that agree, we hope to make these available on our
website after the symposium is over.  That way anyone can have access to
them for free!

See you next week in Las Vegas!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH