From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2014 13:03:29 -0400
This website has some common vision myths vs. facts:
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm397680.htm

As folks here know, I have had glaucoma for a long time. Because of
that length of time, my extreme nearsightedness, and some genetic
aspects mine is harder to control than for most others whose glaucoma
is also found early. I am unusual in that my glaucoma was found early
but other factors make the typical treatments less effective for me.
Because most others whose glaucoma is found early will respond very
well to treatment, and because the exams, the meds, and even laser
surgery (but not necessarily invasive surgery for advanced glaucoma)
are easy and work so well for so long for so very many that I regularly
urge FML list members to get eye exams complete with pressure checks,
often, at least every two years for most people under 50 who do not
have existing eye problems.

So, if you have not had your eyes examined recently enough, PLEASE,
do so. You can ask the others on the list with bad vision damage and
they also will tell you that we would rather you avoid eye damage.

Please, also DO read that short list of vision myths vs. facts to help
protect your eyes and the eyes of those you love:
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm397680.htm

Keep your vision. Get examined. Avoidance of vision loss can so often
be so easy for so many people.