From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:38:12 EST
Hello and Dooks to all the fur-beings !

It's been a week since we had to help Zeus cross over to The Rainbow Bridge.

Writing Zeus Faery Tale started out to be emotional therapy for me.  Such
as the grieving process is.  I had no idea that it would have been so
widely read and accepted.  To be honest, I really was not going to post
it.  Then when I tried, it was rejected because of it's length.

For myself, and for all of you that appreciated the work, I would again
like to give BIG and extra special "thank you!" for arranging it to be
posted in it's entirety.

I have received so many responses that my AOL mailbox actually 'crashed'.
Some of you said you wanted to sponser a ferret or donate to shelters in
Zeus Memory.  Others posted the Faery Tale in websites.  The Faery Tale may
have been written about Zeus and I.  But I think the message pertains to
all those ill, neglected, abused ferrets and the people who loved and cared
for them to the end.

Kat Parsons dedicated a page with my post, the Faery Tale, and Zeus
picture.  I hope that you all will visit it at:
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
Please visit and sign in her guest book to show that her heartfelt work is
appreciated.  But be warned, bring plenty of tissues !!

The ancient Egyptions believed that speaking someones name would guarantee
them everlasting life.  In a way it is so true.  As long as we remember
and speak of the animals we love, they will live forever in our hearts
and minds.

Somewhere out there, another kritter is being sent to earth to learn about
love.  The season of love and giving is upon us.  Let us show our love and
compassion in whatever way we can.  Whether we donate, foster, sponsor,
rescue - or just hug the ferts in the pet store.  Lets all show these
kritters what love is all about.

Warm Fuzzies !

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal~Miss Priss~
Cinna~Racer~Muttley~Dookesbury~
Guardian Fur-Angels -  ~Lady~, ~Zeus~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.

PS  MISSY !!!!!  Ya missed it !!  Our intro was in #2881, Nov 29, 1999