Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:27:52 EDT
California - from Alter to Watch
Birmingham Alabama - from Watch to Alert
Atlanta Georgia  from Watch to Alert.

A gentle reminder.  FFDRI's phone number is 561-567-0994

All FML readers

If you should hear of a disaster in or near your area - please call your
local ferret shelter and check on them to make sure they are O.K .  Also
call your friends who have animals don't think that just because you are
O.K everyone else is (see note that follows).

We found out yesterday that a member of a Ferret Club in Orlando was hit by
the tornado's which swept through that area four week ago.  Her home is
gone, her husband was killed, she was hospitalized.

Please never assume that everyone is O.K. just because you don't hear from
them.  Call your Ferret Friends and check on them.

We are trying to gather as much information regarding the Tornado's that
Struck Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta Geogia last night.  Since both these
Tornado's struck in the middle of the night in metropolitian area's there
were many deaths.  Emergecy workers were hamperd by the fact that it was so
dark (Birmingham got hit as 12:30AM April 9th, I am not sure what time
Atlanta was hit), and there were so many trees down.

Those of you who may have friends or relatives in the above two areas should
give them a call and check on them.

Thank You

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friend Disaster Response International