From:
Leslie Giles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:28:46 -0600
Hi all,

I called Joan Embry's office regarding the Denver news show.  If anyone has
gotton the transcripts...could you please post them.

Her office number is: 619-443-2503.  I called the zoo first and tried the
public relations office and they didn't want to talk to me and referred me
to her office.

I think I talked to Trisha--but my brain is hammered today and I can't
remember if this was her name or not.  She was very nice and polite and knew
all about the ferret legalization battle and agreed that they weren't wild,
would not kill wildlife etc.  She seemed to think that the comments made by
Joan Embry must have been taken out of context--but since Joan hadn't
arrived back in the office from Denver yet, she hadn't seen a tape or
discussed the trip.  She said that Joan was just probably stating that that
was why they are illegal in CA--not that it is right or correct information.
I said that no matter what was said, many people inferred another message
and that it had caused great concern.  She also seemed to think that ferrets
were illegal in a few other states as well and I let her know how they had
been legalized in Mass. and Michigan and that CA and Hawaii were the only
ones left.  She seemed concerned and took my name and number and said that
she would pass the information on.

So, please post the transcripts so that I can be better sure of what was
said.....

Thanks,

Leslie