From:
Heidi Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:13:53 -0700
Greetings all you Fellow Ferret Fans!

Those of you who have been wondering about Lisette's rescued ferret, the
bald burnt girl herself, MARIA, wonder no more!  The Extreme Weezils have
created a compilation of all Lisette's Maria - related FML posts and
emails to be able to present, in 100% WEEZILVISION :

The Extreme Weezils' Special Ferret Friends : Starring MARIA
http://www.extremeweezils.com/special.html

Included in this chronologically based collection of Lisette's reports and
updates regarding the 'burnt, bald girl' Maria are several photos.  Lisette
was so kind as to snail mail a bunch of photos of both Maria and Mini-Me
[Maria's older sister already with Lisette.] Initially I have included
EIGHT photos of Maria, and more are on the way.

WARNING : Maria's story and photographs are both sad, horrible,
heart-wrenching, and touching.  I cried A LOT when reading the first few
posts about Maria on the FML - when Lisette still was not sure if Maria
was going to live much longer ....

The photographs do not depict a fluffy, fuzzy little girl ferret.  She
looks awful and I'm sure felt even worse.  HOWEVER, these things happen
far too often [inexcusable animal/ferret/pet abuse and neglect] to turn
away.  For me, looking at all the pictures of Maria at her worse is MY
way of acknowledging her pain and suffering overcome by sheer will to live.

On the page itself, http://www.extremeweezils.com/special.html , the
photos are much smaller than I had wanted them to be, so I have also
posted an accompanying page:
http://www.extremeweezils.com/featurepics.html

This page contains much larger versions of the photos on the first page.
I wanted to ensure that as much detail as possible could be at least
partially conveyed via the eyes, so that maybe the heart would take over
from there ....

Read Maria's story.  Write to Lisette for more information if you want it.
Look at all of Maria's photos.  Hug your own ferrets.  Play with them and
tell them how much you love them.  Donate to a local shelter or humane
society.  Get involved, even in a very small way.

Any feedback on the web design, layout, graphic presentation or format,
and other strictly web page design inquiries should be sent to myself at :

Again, the entire said page was written by Lisette in it's entirety.  Not
one word was changed or omitted.

God Bless You, Lisette, for saving Maria's life and sharing with us Maria's
tragedy and subsequent triumph!

Heidi Lynne

Heidi Lynne, WebMaster and WeezilMom
http://www.extremeweezils.com - GET WEEZILIZED!