From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:03:00 EDT
>My doctor put me on bed rest for the rest of the week yet the furs are
>being pure evil.  My mother told me to cage them and only let them out
>when my husband is home from work.  I feel like I'm ready to lose my
>mind.  I love furs but I can't stand them right now.  Does anyone have
>any suggestions?

Hi Cheryl ~

Congratulations on your pregnancy and prayers for a smooth delivery.
Maybe someone can do this better than I, but I'm gonna do a bit of ferret
psychoanalysis here.  My experience with animals is limited to those we
have on our farm and 15 years of breeding rabbits.  Looking at animal
behavior however, has beem a long study for me.  Perhaps the little
furkids are reacting to the pregnancy, your preoccupation with it maybe
(and that's ok for you to be preoccupied).  Animals can tell when a move
is coming; when we are sick or depressed or angry, and they react to
it, sometimes in the worst way.  Your little love suddenly becomes your
little devil...you react to it...it fans the flames...they react some
more...

One of the things I have found to help with animal behavior are the
flower remedies (or essences).  To learn about them you can go to
www.medicinegarden.com.  This is a site where I am the faculty herbalist.
They also do flower essences, and the Moderator, Eileen Nauman, makes her
own remedies, as I do, and does her own provings.  It is the best site
for learning about these wonderful delicate remedies.

You need to look into your own heart to make this difficult decision.
Perhaps you can narrow down the number you keep a bit?  I am fully in
sympathy with not being able to handle these little ones at this time,
but if you decide to let them go I know you will do all you can to find
them homes.

I'm not sure if I can do this here (Bill please check me out)...but if
you would like to then have someone take a case for you and prescribe a
remedy, or a remedy compound you are welcome to email me.  Since this is
through a list I belong to there is no charge, as I do not feel using a
list to solicit business is in anybody's interest.  Just trying to help.
[Sounds ok to me. BIG]

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist