Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:01:36 -0800
I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your babies when your house burnt
down.  The loss of any pet is difficult, but it's even more heartwrenching
when it is an unpreventable accident.  I'm very thankful that all humans
were able to get out alive.

I've seen so many new "faces" appear on the FML that I would like to pass
along a small tip... I put several pillow cases on top of our ferret
cages.  In the event of a fire, we can throw the ferrets into the pillow
cases and run outside with them.  What we'll do with 8 ferrets in pillow
cases once we get outside is quite a mystery, but at least we'd (maybe) be
able to get them out safely.  I guess keeping an extra taxi or two in an
outside storage shed/barn would be a good idea for events like this.  I
have Martin's collapsible cages in the back of my car, so that would be
where I could put them.

Vicky Edinger
Ebay Coordinator
Rocky s Ferret Rescue & Shelter