From:
christine herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 05:57:44 -0800
Can anyone give me a bit of advice.

Recently Pooky , a two year old , neutered, badger I have had since he
was a kit ..  has become bonkers for gnawing.  He will chew and chew any
material (terri cloth, his hammock ,my quilt etc.etc.) untill he is all
red in his gums.  Of course when i am there i put a stop to it, but if
left alone he just goes and goes.There are times when i am not present
that he has done this untill he bleeds.  I do not see anything wrong with
his teeth, any sores in his mouth.. etc. etc..  he seems well , no weight
loss,he is eating and drinking fine.  I bought him a nylbone chew.  but
no dice

what is the safest chew toy for a ferret?.

But why this sudden obcession?

Recently the social scene here has changed.  We have a new addition, an
elderly ferret , who came here as a rescue.  Doodlebug has obvioulsy
lived alone for a long time.  He hates other ferrets and they hate him.
Most of the others ( but not pooky) will attack Doodlebug if given the
chance.Could pooky's behavior be stress?

pooky still gets lotsa luvin..any ideas??  anyone?

Christine