From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:56:45 -0500
>... certain as night follows the light, keep aware that where the blue
>ribbon goes, there goes the money trail.  Blue ribbons, without too much
>effort, can be shown to be the path to exhorbitant prices for the
>DNA-mangled ferret.  ... Finally, consider the true heart of the human being
>who has been recognized as a superior ferret breeder and may have a wall
>full of blue ribbons.  If she really has in her heart the improvement and
>health of the ferret species, she would not charge an arm and a leg for her
>kits, but would contrairly offer samples of their bloodline (at cost plus)
>for theworld-wide improvement of all ferrets.  Sorry, but true I fear; it's
>not in the nature human, especially the female.

I resent this statement.  I am a woman.  I have won blue ribbons with my
ferrets.  I have not upped the price on my ferrets.  Infact - I have lowered
it!  What matters to me it that my ferrets go to good homes.  I buy better
quality to improve the breed.  I only keep the best of the best in the
litters I produce & alter the rest.  I do this to provide good pets and to
better my breeding stock.  I am woman & I care for the animal - not the
buck.