From:
Todd Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 19:20:27 -0400
PG> For her first seven or eight months Pixxel would wake up and drag
PG>  herself around by her front legs for a minute or two, stretching
PG> and  shaking her rear half. The apparent numbness never seemed to
PG> bother  her

    Well, I have not noticed any problems with Abu today.  She was running
around just as good as could be...before pooping on the carpet.  <sigh>, so I
will keep a good eye one her.  Beth from Path Valley Farms said that many
ferrets do experience numbness with there rear legs till about a year.
    Also our two oldest did the (seemingly) impossible, I got home from work,
sat down to remove my shoes, and they BOTH we out of there cage (which was
still locked shut).  One was sleeping under the sofa and the other one came
to sniff me and that is how I realized they were out.  Either the cat loves
em both soooooo much that she let them out, or I need to reinforce the door a
little bit.  Oh, Jake is doing just great, eating like a horse actually.

Todd (The Daddie)
Andrea (Mommie)
Iago and Abu (Better Run and Hide!)
Jake (Just let me sleep!)