From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:35:12 -0400
This has been an extremely tough week for Lori and the on-site
volunteers, as it's been in the 90's and the ferrets (and the people)
have been very uncomfortable. Thankfully, the heat will break tomorrow
and we should all keep our fingers crossed that the nasty 90's are
behind us. After all, it IS almost October.

Lori has some truly wonderful volunteers right now, however these folks
are leaving -- starting tomorrow. That means that Lori will have NO
VOLUNTEERS, which is an impossible situation. She desperately needs
people to help. If you have any free time, or can get a car full of
people together, PLEASE, consider donating your time to help out Lori
and the ferrets. One or two people CANNOT do it alone.

PLEASE. I'M BEGGING YOU...... WE NEED VOLUNTEERS ON WEEKDAYS AND
WEEKENDS. VOLUNTEERS ARE CRITICAL TO THE UPKEEP AND COMFORT OF THE
FERRETS.

The current volunteers say they are working until midnight every
night. This isn't something folks can easily keep up with, so we need
reinforcements. There is room at Lori's house to crash on her couch or
her floor, plenty of room to set up a tent outside and the campground
down the road has cabins that sleep five for $50 a night -- $10 per
person.

Next, we need kibble. We got a pallet of Totally Ferret which we
believe will last for the next week or so. But we need more kibble
ready to go when the Totally Ferret runs out. We need:

Totally Ferret, Zupreem, Path Valley or Drs. Foster & Smith (the old
Ferret Store Food -- Superior Choice Original ferret diet (blue bag)
or the Superior Choice Natural ferret diet (red bag).

Volunteers also say they need:

Heavy work gloves (no rubber, as the kids think rubber is fun)

Garden Hoes (an item which volunteers or people picking up ferrets
can bring. There is NO HOME DEPOT nearby and it's not an easy item
to ship).

A couple of Flashlights

Some washtubs or a blow up kiddie pool for cleaning some of the bigger
items that may need to soak a bit first.

The cages from Martins:

http://martinscages.com/products/cages/ferret/

Large Ferret Carrier (cc-3018), $56.70 which reflects a 10% discount.
Discount applied when you type ferretemergency.org into the special
instructions box at check out. These cages are collapsible and do not
require assembly.

Lori and the Doug McKay ferrets thank you!!!