From:
Faith Vogel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:42:25 -0400
I have 2 ferrets in a large cage. I placed the cage in a recessed area
of my room and the back of their cage is close to the wall.

To my surprise and horror, once I moved the cage out completely, I saw
that their feces had hit the wall and dripped down to the floor, and it
was now very hard to remove. I am having a painter come (of course I
am moving my babies out of the area completely for this) to scrape the
wall and repaint the entire room.

Does anyone have any good tips on what kind of material I should put on
the wall behind and on the side of the cage - to avoid poop getting on
the walls themselves? I thought about getting a piece of plexiglass and
leaning it up against the wall from the floor up about 4 feet high. I
don't want anything ugly and unsightly. I figure I can wipe down the
plexiglass to keep it clean and them in a clean environment.

Also, what do people use underneath the cage? I have been using a
plastic picnic tablecloth which I replace weekly.

Their poop seems to not stay in their high backed litter box. They poop
other places too.

What am I doing wrong? And does anybody have some hints for me. I love
my ferrets but need to not have poop on my walls and floor!

Thanks to anybody who can share their own experiences with this.

Faith,