From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:19:35 -0700
Sadly,Buddy Rico left us a week ago Friday.It came upon us so sudden we
had no time to think.....

A little vomit the Friday before,listless,no interest in food all very
fast.Took him in for all kinds of bloodwork,UA,X/Rays of every body part
and nothing was really definitive.Walked out with fluids,needles,
injectable Baytril, Clavamox,Carafate, Dexamethasone,Pred,a regular
Pharmacy,just in case.

Thank God for Dr Martha Broda,Dr Bruce Williams, TroyLynn & Kristine
Lunny as they got us thru the week.Our Buddy Rico started major grinding
on Wednesday & by Friday was pretty bad,wanting nothing but to lay
between my body & covers.We were doing 60ccs of lactated ringers X 2...
plus carafate then Gerbers Turkey & PDG.Injecting Baytril in case.I
started calling Bruce and after finding vomit like paste of
Gerbers,undigested,Bruce said "i know it's Friday but better get him in"

Dr Broda who was booked solid,fit him in....felt him inside and found
accordion intestines,lumps,bumps, and a gut full of fluid.She gave us
little hope....with no symptoms at all even both adrenals were huge and
cancerous.It all took place in one week from the first symptom,WITH heavy
home supportive care,.:::::

We said Goodbye Friday the 17th for the last time.Wherever there could be
cancer there was....how he was still alive the Vets had no idea.Funny how
these lil guys know when "we" as parents aren't ready:::::tears.How
sad,he hung on for us;( We sadly sent him to get his wings....

He was our baby.The perfect Gentleman.His original mom had gone to
College 4 yrs ago,we heard of his plight & went & got him.He was freaked
to meet 3 other ferrets as he had been caged his first year and had never
seen another ferret..Now he was free roam & nervous.Suffering the loss of
his Mom we worked with him over a year.He finally fell in Love with Muffy
and had a family.

RIP our Baby,we Love & Miss you;(

We hope Buddy Rico was greeted by his lil ole' sis,Solita who just left
us the end of May... Plus Matty,Bruiser,Pepto,Gizmo,MoJo and Bootsie...

The Radford Boat and Family was in a better place with you here....tho
you are still visiting;) we miss you completely;(

Till we see you once again,
Mommy,Daddy & your seven siblings are feelin' very empty....Bless you
Joanne Ruffner for starting his fund;)
Sent with Love & a deep sorrow..
Mommy Tara,Daddy Jerry & your family....

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets