From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 17:19:02 -0500
Georgette Peters writes:

>Also, speaking of ferret-proofing, how do you keep your critters out of closets
>with sliding doors???

Um--with Abercrombie and Fitch, I haven't been able to find a solution, and
have often found them sleeping in the clothes hamper!  What I have tried is
the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" strategy.  Since the little Houdinis
manage to get in the closet no matter what, I gave them their own closet
sleeping box (one of those cardboard storage boxes with lids plus an old
flannel shirt) and they crawl in and out of it through the hole in the side
meant to be used as a handle.  They find it to be the perfect den, and it
is easily cleaned out (to retrieve stored bananas, socks and sometimes my
watch).  I keep a litter box just outside of the closet that they use just
after they wake up.  The only problem is that my boyfriend sometimes
forgets to leave the door open a crack, and we are awakened in the middle
of the night by scratching on the door!  Sometimes it even happens when one
side is open and the other closed, and they just don't think to go over to
the other side!

I guess I just haven't found a better way, either, so it's Abercrombie and
Fitch - 1, Marcy - 0 (actually, they probably have many more points,
although I won the battle of the plants).  Let me know if you hear of any
new strategies.

Marcy (Out of my cast & able to walk again!!  Hurray!!)

Abercrombie & Fitch (closet monsters)