From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:14:19 -0800
>I dont know if this is the same people but I got four ferrets
>this past august from a man named Jean.  The name on the papers
>is lakeside ferrets.  None of mine have tatoos ...

I spoke to Gene at Lakeside Ferrets a year or so ago - definitely a
backyard breeder that I would avoid.

He doesn't track his lines for health & longevity, doesn't ADV test and
told me he believes that spaying is not needed for ferrets as he just
keeps breeding his jills every year.  Yep, he's a real winner :)

Mary

Novel Beginnings Ferretry
http://www.geocities.com/novelbeginnings/