From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:37:36 -0800
Re: Is cold weather bad for a ferret?

No!  espesially not for things like a trip to the store!  Infact, you should
see if your ferret likes snow!  Bandit digs like a cartoon rabit, with snow
flying up behind her!

Re: Dogs and Ferrets

If you get a very young puppy, it will most likely never hurt the ferret.
They will be child hood playmates instead of simply tolerent.  Same with a
cat.  But you should still aim for a small dog with good temperment that is
less likely to unintensionaly hurt the fert, but beware; some small breeds
of dogs are ratters and have the instinct to kill small animals.  Cats ( not
kittens) are usualy less tolerent than dogs.  They have lots of dignaty and
may not like something nipping it's heels, hiddings it's toys, and climbing
on it durring a good sleep.  This could end in a nasty scratch or bite.
Anyway, dogs are more playful than cats, usualy (no offense to cats, I am a
cat lover, personally).

Redwall Books

I have been reading the resent posts about Brian Jaques books.  I have read
every one, from Martian the Warrier to Outcast of Redwall.  They are great
books, but he portays ferrets as either stupid, evil, selfish soldiers, or
evily smart, decitful, lieing, hardharted, greedy, selfish, cruel warlords.
This is totaly wrong, and while I love his books, I can't help but disagree.
Even though Veil saves the two Redwallians lives, e is still portrayed as
evil.

New Standard encyclopedia

Go to your library and see if they have the New Sandard Encyclopedia.  If
they do, look up FERRET.  They classify ferrets ans red eyed relitives of
the weasle with a yellowish coat and blak mask.  They continue to say : If
escaped they form feral colonies and are extremily destructive to local
animal life, especially poultry.  It disgusts me that they would print that
filth!!!  It paines me to think a grade school student might put that in a
report he reads to the class!!!  And I ask JUST WHAT KIND OF "STANDARD" ARE
THEY TRYING TO SET!!!!!!!

Ferret starter kit

When I was in Pet Food Warehouse the other day a ferret starter kit coaght
my eye.  I walked over and looked at it out of curiosity, just to see what
it was.  They had a list of materials on the front, wich include a cage the
size of a small aquarium (I hope no one trys to put 2 or 3 in there, its
almost to small for 1), CEDAR bedding, and some other stuff.  I hate to
think what would happen if a first-timer got two ferrets and the starter
kit!  Not only would the cage be way to small, but if they got in there
heads they were supposed to use cedar chips as bedding and kept using it,
the ferrets would most likely ge respitory dieses!  I dont remember the
name, but it starts with an M.  It's an abomination to ferret care!

Moist cat food

The store I get my ferret food (Kaytee) from remodled and doesn't carry the
food anymore.  I had to get a different brand (ferret Gold) wich she doesn't
like as mutch.  I decided to give her the option of moistcatfood, and always
have both in her cage 24 hours a day.  She eats more cat food than feret
food.  Her stools were loose for a while but it's better now, and I assumed
it's just her stomach getting used to the new food.  I can get, though it's
not her favorite (her favorites are Sheba and Amore Natural), Imbs cat
formula moist cat food.  Any helpful info.  on the situation would be
greatly apresiated!

Ferret Spotting!

At the very end of MARS ATTACTS (a movie, came out in Dec on screen), were
the people are on an island surrunded by animals, the woman is holding a
large sable ferret.

I'm through rambling on.  Any comments are appreciated!

Ace from Ia.

Bandit:  My new foods soggy, but it ain't bad!!!