From:
Rhea Fulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:44:48 EST
I am posting in regard to a ferret that I received from Marcy that I
received about 2 weeks ago and the emergency adoptions.  I did receive
her ADV result, which was negative.  She is an older ferret according
to Marcy, being somewhere between 5-6 years old.  She was exactly as
described, but just yesterday had what I believe to be an insulinoma
episode.  I will be taking her to the vet tomorrow to be checked.  I
brought her around with Karo syrup and then fed her Gerber chicken baby
food, and so far she's doing well.  I do wonder if she has had any
episodes before, and I plan on emailing the lady who had her about a
month at a shelter before I got her to see if I can find anything else
out about her regarding the possible insulinoma.  After reading today's
posts, I thought I would touch base to let folks know what has happened
with me and little Rising Moon.

Rhea Fulmer
Alabama