Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:28:30 +0000
Hey All!
If you ever have a chance to check out an excellent 2-book hand book called
"Exotic Companion Medicine Handbook for Veterinarians" compiled by Cathy
Johnson-Delaney DVM (Winger's Publishing), do so.  It is an excellent
compendium of information both for lay people and for vets on a large number
of small animals and reptiles.  The ferret section is great!  I use the
Exotic Animal Formulary also, but this volume is even better as it includes
behavior, feeding, housing, ferret proofing as well as FFZ's, although some
of these are out of date, but at least they recommend checking local laws.
I don't know the cost in the US but I paid about $30 in Israel for the two
volume set.

Take care,

Beverly Burge - Zoological Assistant
Jerusalem Biblical Zoo