From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 06:29:25 -0500
To Doug and anyone else interested in ferret checks:

Kansas City Bank makes up a number of exoctic checks, ferrets being one of
them.  They have 3 or 4 styles to choose from.  You can contact them at

Kansas Bank Note Co., Inc.
PO Box 360
Fredonia, Kansas  66736
Att:  Personalized Check Dept

As far as BEW ferrets - I have several, and I'm not sure what you mean by
how white is a BEW.  If you mean if each little hair is white, then yes,
each little hair must be white - if 1 or 2 are black, then the ferret is
classified as a light silver (at least points would be deducted if you
entered your ferret as a BEW and they found 1 or 2 teeny tiny black
hairs!).

If you mean is the ferret white-white or yellow tinged, it depends on the
ferret, I guess.  My BEWs are white-white - no yellow tinge.  Even my
albinos are white-white.  I've heard of others complaining about tinges
and I've seen yellow tinged white ferrets, but for some reason, mine
have remained white-white (and they are beautiful if I say so myself!)

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA