Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:04:18 EST
and the cell phone rings - <sigh> Peninsula SPCA.

They have 4 for me to pick up..hey its a friday, almost 70 degrees
outside, what the hell...I take off work early to go get them..I know I
have plenty of carriers because I'm going to the AFA show tomorrow and
I needed them for the show...

1 Stray - about 6 months old..sable with a dark nose.  Found in a laundry
room at an apt complex.

A trio - released (with no names mind you) because they were a gift and
they didn't want them...an albino female about 9mo old, a cinnamon female
about 9 months old and a sable male about 2 years old...

The Stray got my attention.  His lower canines jut out of his mouth and
into his upper lip on both sides, one tearing into the lip.  So I make
the run to the vet...why not, I have to pick up Honey anyway...

Doc whips out his handy-dandy dremel, wears the canines down a bit, does
a quickie exam on the other 3 and we get ready to go.  Out comes Honey in
her carrier with a bandage where the catheter was...I go to pay the bill.
Pay the bill and start walking to the car...hmm I don't remember Honey's
towel being red..I thought it was blue!  She pulled the bandage off and
shes spurting blood from her vein like a gushing oil well!  Run her back
inside and they get the bleeding under control...

Car is almost empty- and wow there is a station with gas for $1.54!
(Very cheap for down here!).  I pull in, click the gas lever on automatic
fill and start cleaning the windows...I look at the amount of gas going
in and thought I didnt think the tank was that empty and walk around -
the damn thing didnt cut off and gas is pouring out of my car!  AAARGH!!!

Rant at the attendant - who I guess to shut me up gave me back $3....

I'm at home - ferrets are safely ensconced in their cages - carriers are
parvolaned again and drying....what a morning!

For right now A, B, C, and D.  Name recommendations are always
appreciated.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org