From:
"Reet..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 01:51:44 PDT
Poor Dex has come down with a little old tummy bug..  The vet gave me some
penicillin and a dropper, assuring me the pleasant banana taste would
ensure no problems with feeding it to Dex.  One wiff of the mixture and I
recognised the memoriable medication I used to take when I was young.  And
yes, I hated it.

So here I am..  After numerous attempts to coax Dex into voluntarily
drinking the meds, I am sitting here twice daily, slowly squeezing a
mixture between tightly clenched teeth (oh yeh, he really doesn't like this
stuff), and trying to control a severly quirming ferret..  To add to it, he
isn't allowed to eat for at least 2 or 3 days until it is cured.  I feed
Ramirez in a seperate room (Although he probably ain't to pleased with me
either, due to me having to remove the pellet dish from the cage) but Dex
is obviously hungry..  And it's really, really horrible to have him sitting
on my shoulder licking my ear in an attempt to get me to feed him.

Argh.  It's all for his own good, but I feel so nasty doing it..  I hope he
has a short memory *smile*