From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:11:28 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret and de kits, Serena and
Isabel were at de field of sweet williams just hanging out. It was so
nice. De kits had just finished picking a basket of lovely flowers and
had run over to her to give dem to her. But she noticed dat their fur
was looking a bit raggy, so she decided to brush it. (Mommys always
carry brushes in dere packs). So first she brushed Serena's fur, (it
always seemed to get tangly--it was so long and SIGH-then that
beautiful bushy tail. Then she called Isabel over. Fortunately Isabel
was quieter, and seemed to enjoy getting her fur brushed, so that task
was over quickly. Then SaraFerret noticed something on the hill. It
looked like someone was trying to land dere, now who could dat be. OK,
three guesses and de first two don't count. Why ever would he land
dere? All of a sudden she saw him--FOOMPH! The Landing and den rolling
down de hill. Luckily de hill was soft and carpeted with flowers and so
was de valley. Of course he was a bit dazed and his wings were crushed,
but as always, Dexter had a note in his paw and when he finally roused
hisself, he said,

"SawaFewwet, why did you move? You were standing in one place and when
I twyed to land there you wasn't there. Now I has cwushed wings. (He
also had tears in his eyes). But anyways, I has a vewy important
message from the Boss. It seems that there is thwee fewwets cwossing
the Bwidge and it has cweated a big pwoblem since you AREN;T there,
but messing awound here. So you best get busy and go figure out how to
gweet them as I bet they are wandering awound and lost waiting for you.
Now what am I gonna do about my wings?"

I took de note and read it. Then I asked Serena and Isabel to help
Dexter straighten out poor Dexter's wings and I patted his shoulder
and told him everything would be ok and de world would not end and I
scrambled for de entrance.

I was just a little bit late. Dexter was right. I saw a handsome
silver, a tiny DEW, and a prancing sable waiting for me in de lane. I
turned to dem and saw 6 anxious eyes looking at me. So I introduced
myself as best I could,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The silver fuzzy spoke up, "Gee, we thought we were lost when no one
was here. We were just about ready to go off on our on our own to see
if we could find some one. But then Bubbles, er Jazmine, insisted, that
we stay around to see if someone showed up and then you did. Oh by the
way, I am El Bandito, but you can call me Bandito or Bandit for short.
I guess I am the one in charge. Do you know our Mommy Cindy? She was so
good to us. I really didn't want to leave her. I was her first ferret.
But then I gots sick. Go ahead ladies and introduce yourselves."

The DEW said, "My name is Noel and I am a princess. Do you have
princesses here? I hope I can remain a princess. Do you have cabinets
that I can get into. I can be a brat sometimes. But I am a lovable sort
too. Do you allow dancing here? I do love to dance. In fact, I kept
dancing until just before my last time on earth. You know when us
ferrets can't dance anymore well..."

And then the sable spoke, "My name is Jazmine, but Mommy always called
my Bubbles because I always bounced around and was so joyful and happy.
I am a queen. I hope you allow queens here. I really hated to leave my
friend Franklin; I hope he understood why I had to go."

So many questions each had. But I knew dat I had to answer them all
now. So I explained, "I apologize for being late, things happen
sometimes. Bandit, I don't know your Mommy personally but I do have a
note explaining things. I know you didn't want to leave. And Noel, its
nice that you were a princess on earth, but we don't have princesses
here, but I tell you what if your group wants you to be a princess in
your house that is up to them, but no where else. We don't have
cabinets here, but I am sure there are plenty of things for you to
investigate here. Oh yes, we do allow dancing as much as you want; in
fact we often have dance contests between some of the groups--no prizes
but its fun to see. As to Jazmine, or Bubbles, I can see why you are
regarded as a queen, but we don't have queens here. Your group can have
you as your queen though, as I explained to Noel. I can see you are
bouncy and happy and we always can use happy fuzzies here. Now, did
anyone bring anything from home?"

The trio looked at each other and they knew that each had brought
something in their secret backpacks. (You see unlike humans, fuzzies
can bring anything they can stuff into their packs before they cross).
Each asked, "Do we have to give them to you? Don't you have things of
your own?" "I am not gonna take anything away from you. I am just nosey
like any fuzzy. It has just been so long since I have been on earth
that I wonder."

So one by one each unzipped their pack. Bandit took out a piece of
Brent's hair which was wrapped in a tiny cloth bag. We oohed and aahed
over that. He put it carefully back so it wouldn't get lost. Noel took
out a piece of Mommy's hair which was wrapped in a tiny cloth bag.
Mercy my! This was carefully put back in. Then Jazmine aka Bubbles took
out hers which she couldn't show--it was the tiniest cloth bag of all;
she said it contained a piece of Mommy's heart. She said she was sure
Mommy wouldn't miss it because her heart was so big. Then she packed it
carefully away, so she would never lose it.

Then I told them about a big surprise. They were gonna get wings just
like mine; well not exactly like mine. They would be designed according
to each fuzzy. Bandit asked "Why would we need wings? I replied, "Well,
they are great for flying about de heavens. Sure beats flying from
cloud to cloud. They nodded in agreement.

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. (I hoped dat de wing colors were ok--I would sure hate to have
disappointed newcomers). We opened de door and on de counter were three
boxes marked: El Bandito, Noel, and Jazmine. Each ran to dere boxes.
Bandit opened his box and took out his wings--bright green with a hinit
of silver. I helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Then
Noel opened her box and took out her wings-- hot pink with gold
speckles through out. Jazmine insisted on helping her put on her wings
and Bandit adjusted her halo. Then Jazmine opened her box and took out
wings--shimmering ruby with sparkles throughout. Bandit helped her put
on her wings and I adjusted her halo and one by one each ran to de big
vanity mirror and gazed at their reflection. Soon each of them said
"Gee I wish Mommy could see us now." Den I gots an idea."

We opened de door and went down de path to de Misting Pond and sat
down beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of
Mommy Cindy surrounded by her ferrets appear. They got so excited they
started waving and dooking with all of their might.

"We love you Mommy. Thank you for loving us. We are feeling so much
better now. We has beautiful wings now and soon we will be able to fly.
We hope you don't mind the things we took. We are gonna find us a nice
place to live. So don't worry about us."

Den dey began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of dere
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star and by de time you should
read dis it should have landed dere and with another swish de vision
was gone.

They began to ask me where will we live cause we don't know anyone else
here. I replied, "Oh we have just de place for you if you want it."
We walked further down de road across de gold flowers through de sweet
williams past de meadow flowers till we came to a small cottage where
they could see a group of fuzzies with a big sign "Welcome To The
Bridge". They looked at each other, and Noel said, "Gee it looks as
though there is already someone living here." I replied, "Yeah there
is, you are. These fuzzies are just setting up a party for you. They
are your new neighbors." We went on in and to their surprise, there was
all the food so forbidden on earth: chocolate of every kind, iced cold
pepsis, iced tea, all sorts of stuff like dat. Of course music was
a-playing and even more fuzzies came over. Jazmine was starting to live
up to her name; she was dancing up a storm. Noel was over in a corner
chatting to someone else and Bandit had met a new person. I was invited
to stay by someone else. But I had done my part. I knew that the trio
had found their new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter