From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:55:27 -0500
Dear Anne:

>Does anyone know of a vet in the CT area or anywhere who might be willing
>to prescribe the injections so that we can continue to treat them?
>Please, please help me if you can.  I love these ferrets and I feel a
>huge responsibility to my brother to care for them properly.  I am so
>unimaginably frustrated by my parents' attitude I cannot begin to tell you.

Your story breaks my heart - as do so many that I hear on the FML and
elsewhere.  Simply reading the recent FML shelter list and looking at the
financial statements of the shelters makes me wonder what will become of
ferrets, their owners, and our profession in the long run.

Can the FML find one more Christmas miracle under the tree?  I'm not sure,
but I know we'll give it a try.

Bruce Williams, DVM